Teams automatically qualified from last season must retain at least 4 of their rostered players from that season. Teams and rosters from season 8 are available here.
IMPORTANT: Division 1 rosters will be locked on January 21st at 6:00 PM AEDT. No changes can be made to rosters after this date.
- Two back to back matches played on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Matches scheduled at 9:30PM AEDT and 10:00PM AEDT.
- Top 8 teams qualify for the finals series.
- Bottom 3 teams are relegated to AVPL Division 2.
- The AFL finals system will be used. (see image below)
- Fixtures are played over two legs. Winners are determined by aggregate score.
- If aggregate scores are tied after two legs, extra matches will be played to determine a winner.
- Free agents signed AFTER the transfer window must have played a minimum of 4 games to be eligible to play in the finals.