Admins reserve the right to prevent, reverse, and/or punish any actions that are deemed to be outside the spirit of fair play, even if not specifically listed in the Ruleset. Admins also reserve the right to amend the Ruleset at any time.
1.1 Match rules
1.1a Match rules
- Teams are required to field a minimum amount of players in all matches. If unforeseen circumstances arise preventing a team from fielding the minimum, their manager must notify the opposition and either agree to postpone the match or play it.
PS4 Division 1 Minimum: 6
PS4 Division 2 & XBOX Minimum: 4
- ANYs are optional.
- The Virtual Pro of an ANY must play in an outfield position.
- Outfield players are forbidden from setting their Virtual Pro as a goalkeeper.
- A maximum height limit of 6'0" is applied to all outfield positions. (GK 6'5")
- Hacked/glitched Virtual Pros are strictly forbidden in this competition.
- Players are forbidden from blocking the goalkeeper as he's kicking from his hands in open play. Any goal that results from this wont be counted in the final score.
- Players are forbidden from deliberately blocking a goalkeeper's movement during set pieces. Any goal that results from this wont be counted in the final score.
- Players are forbidden from interfering with set pieces via use of in game emotes. Any inteference will result in a 1 goal penalty.
- Fair play is highly encouraged. Taking advantage of glitches, wasting considerable time etc. may result in action being taken. Note: Crosses and over the top through balls and the like are not glitches. Struggling to stop a teams attack is no reason for complaint.
Extreme time wasting before the 80th minute is forbidden. i.e. wasting a considerable amount of time holding the ball in defence and running around with it, holding the ball in the corner, and taking up all the allocated time for throw ins, free kicks and any other stoppages that run down the clock.
It is not considered time wasting if you're simply holding on to possession in midfield and forward areas.
1.1c Glitched Virtual Pros
Glitched Virtual Pros of any kind are banned from all EGN competitions. Each case and punishment will be handled on a case by case basis but should you be found to be using a glitch you potentially face expulsion from the league and future EGN competitions for both yourself and your team.
Should you suspect someone is using the glitch please PM a Pro Clubs admin with any proof or screenshots you have. Do not accuse them publicly. If the accusation is made public it makes it harder for us to gather the evidence we need. We will not rely solely on screenshots sent to us as they can be manipulated. Should there be enough circumstantial evidence then we reserve the right to enforce punishment even without 100% proof.
All team captains and team members are required to abide by the rules of Fair Play. Should you suspect a team member is going to use the glitch then don't use that player in your matches. Should you find out after a match that they used it then PM a Pro Clubs admin and let us know. Failure to do so could result in the team facing the same bans as the player.
1.2a 10 minute disconnection rule
Each team is allowed one early disconnection replay per match. If a team loses players early on in a match due to disconnection, they're allowed to quit before the 10th minute and try again. If the opposition team scores during these 10 minutes, the score will be carried over to the replay match. A goal will stand if the opposition team has footage of the goal being scored (scoreline must reflect the goal being scored).
The full match must be replayed in the case of an early disconnection.
1.2b Disconnections or full match dropouts
If the match drops out, or an entire team disconnects during the match, the remainder of the match must be played out in a replay with the scores still in tact, unless both teams agree to let the result stand. Please refer to section 1.3 below for more information on match replays.
1.3 Match replays
1.3a Match replay length
The remaining minutes from the original match plus an additional 3 (to make up for extra time) will need to be played out in the case of a match replay. Both team captains are encouraged to capture footage of when the disconnection occured to confirm the exact amount of minutes that need to be played in the replay.
1.3b Goals scored during replay matches
A goal will only stand if it is scored before the clock ticks over to the final minute.
e.g. If the replay length is 53 minutes, any goals scored after the clock hits 53:00 will not count towards the scoreline. The scoreline in the top left corner of the screen must reflect the goal being scored before the clock hits 53:00 for it to be counted. In this scenario, if the scoreline shows the goal being scored at 52:59, the goal will stand.
1.3c Red cards in replay matches
If a player receives a red card, they must sit out of the replay match.
Match replay example scenario:
Team A are 2-0 up against Team B in the 50th minute, when Team B disconnects. They play another match to make up for the remaining 43 minutes. Team B scores in the 20th minute. They both back out of the game on the 43rd minute. Any goals scored after the clock hits 43:00 do not count. The result is a 2-1 win for Team A.
2.1 Roster rules
- PS4 Division 1: 10 members minimum, 17 maximum
- PS4 Division 2 & XBOX: 6 members minimum, 17 maximum
- A maximum of 2 Asian based players per roster is enforced in this competition.
- All members who participate must be registered on the website and listed on their team's roster. If a team is found to be using ineligible players in their matches, they will forfeit all matches the player was involved in.
- Players may not represent more than one team on a single platform unless both teams are affiliated.
- No players living outside of Australia, New Zealand, or Asia may participate.
- Free agents may be added to a roster at any time during the season as long as the roster quota has not been filled.
3.1 Matchmaking rules
- The home team (team on the left side of the match page) must host. In a two legged/best of 3 tie, the home team hosts first but must alternate each round.
- All matches are to be played as Friendlies.
- Teams must make every effort to play all of their games even if they are out of finals running. Failure to do so may result in points deductions in the following season or expulsion from the league.
- Teams may be removed from the league if they miss a high number of matches consecutively. (all results and stats wiped)
3.2 Late rule
- Teams should be ready to play at the scheduled kick off time. If a team is running late, a captain or representative of that team must have messaged the opposition captain no later than 5 minutes past the scheduled kickoff time.
- If a captain has not received a message explaining why the game needs to be delayed, a forfeit win may be granted.
- If a captain has received a message from the opposition team explaining the delay, they must allow the opposition team at least until 10 minutes past the scheduled kickoff time to play, otherwise a forfeit win may be granted.
- Teams may reschedule provided that both teams agree.
- The rescheduled game must be played within 7 days of the original game (or in the case of later in the season, before the beginning of the last scheduled matchday).
- All managers have the right to refuse any reschedule. No reason needs to be given to the opposing manager to deny a request.
- There is strictly no reschedules for finals matches (excluding the GF, subject to Admin approval).
You should aim to have your squad ready in the lobby 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
3.3 Match results
3.3a Reporting results
- Faking results/stats may result in a punishment depending on the severity. If you've made a mistake when entering a result, immediately submit a ticket and an admin will fix it.
- Player statistics will require proof in the form of a 30 second video which flicks through every single player (for both teams) in the Player Performance screen. The home team is required to record this proof, however we encourage both teams to record a video. We will only ever ask for the video to be uploaded for verification in the case of a complaint from the opposition team, or if we're investigating a cheating case.
- You must go off the stats available on the Player Ratings and Player Performance screens at the end of each game at all times unless an error has prevented a statistic from being recorded. If you believe an error has occurred (clear goals/assists randomly not counting, clear goals counting as own goals) then you must submit a ticket and provide video footage of the incident.
3.3b Player disconnections & ANYs
- If a player disconnects in the first half and they have not scored a goal or assist, this must be noted by setting their position to "DNF".
- Goals and assists do not count when they're scored by a disconnected player. Only goals/assists scored before a disconnect can be counted.
- Cleansheets (DEF/GK) and GK saves do not count if a player has disconnected.
- A disconnected player cannot be awarded the stats earned by an ANY.
- The only stats that an ANY can record are those from their individual player.
- Goalkeeper and defender disconnections must be noted accurately due to cleansheet records. Any teams that are caught incorrectly inputting DNF's for goalkeepers and defenders will be at the risk of having points deducted.
4.1 Red card suspensions and appeals
4.1a Red card suspensions
A player who receives a red card be suspended for the first fixture of the next day. This is the case regardless of which game it occurred in.
- Player A gets sent off in the first of two games on a Wednesday night. He may play the second game, but will miss the first fixture on Sunday.
- Player A gets sent off in the second game on the Wednesday night. He will simply miss the next game, which is still the first fixture on the Sunday.
As well as this, any player who receives two red cards on the same night will be suspended for the next two games of the following AVPL night.
It is the responsibility of managers to record red cards using the “RC” column in the match report, or risk being penalised. Also, any evidence of players skipping suspensions will result in punishment for the player and/or club.
Red Cards do not carry over from the regular season to the finals series, and there are no suspensions in finals.
4.1b Suspension appeals
If the referee’s decision is considered unfair by the team that received the red card, they may appeal the suspension by submitting a ticket and providing video proof of the incident. Only reasonable claims based on poor refereeing decisions can result in the suspension being revoked. Mistakes, or wrong intentions will not be considered.
We will no longer be overturning any red cards that were the result of 2 yellow cards. Only straight reds may be appealed.
Do not personally message admins to claim forfeits, dispute results or report mistakes. These issues must all be officially processed by submitting a ticket. Any evidence provided outside of the ticket will NOT be taken into consideration when making a decision.
By choosing to play the majority of a match you are no longer entitled to claim forfeit.
For the on pitch player minimum, it is your responsibility to check the amount of players the opposition team is fielding as early as possible:
- Xbox: You have until half time to check via the recent player list or individually in the player performance screen.
- PS4: You have the first 15 in game minutes to check, you can do this by pressing start and then square to bring up the player list.