Admins reserve the right to prevent, reverse, and/or punish any actions that are deemed to be outside the spirit of fair play, even if not specifically listed in the Ruleset. Admins also reserve the right to amend the Ruleset at any time.
1.1a Match Rules
- There is an on field minimum players requirement for each division. If a team is unable to field the minimum due to unforeseen circumstances, their manager must notify the opposition and either agree to postpone the match or play it:
- PS5 Premier: 6 players minimum
- PS4 Championship: 6 players minimum
- Xbox: 4 players minimum
- An ANY is required for teams that field a certain number of players:
- PS5 Premier: 7 players or less
- PS4 Championship: 5 players or less
- Xbox: 5 players or less
- Fielding a goalkeeper is mandatory for the PS5 Premier Division.
- Teams that regularly exploit this rule with pauses and intentional disconnects may be penalized.
- As mentioned in section 3.4, you are no longer entitled to claim a forfeit should you choose to play the majority of a match with the knowledge that a match rule has been broken. If you notice any match rules being broken (not enough players, no ANY etc.), you must immediately quit the game and submit a ticket.
- Players must not block the goalkeeper as they are kicking from their hands in open play. Any goal that results from this wont be counted in the final score.
- Players must not deliberately block a goalkeeper's movement during set pieces. Any goal that results from this wont be counted in the final score.
- Players must not interfere with set pieces via use of in game emotes. Any interference will result in a 1 goal penalty.
- Fair play is highly encouraged. Taking advantage of glitches, wasting considerable time etc. may result in action being taken. Note: Crosses and over the top through balls and the like are not glitches. Struggling to stop a teams attack is no reason for complaint.
1.1b Virtual Pro Rules
- Virtual Pro heights must not exceed 6'4". Including goalkeepers.
- The Virtual Pro of an ANY must play in an outfield position.
- Outfield players are forbidden from setting their Virtual Pro as a goalkeeper.
- Hacked/glitched Virtual Pros are strictly forbidden in this competition.
- Position locks are as follows:
- CB: Must play a CB build.
- Only FB and WB can play a FB or WB build. (wide mids are considered WB's in a 3ATB formation, not LCB/RCB)
- If you change formation during a game, your fullback build players must be moved to their permitted positions. Failure to do so in a timely manner will result in a forfeit.
Extreme time wasting before the 80th minute is forbidden. i.e. wasting a considerable amount of time holding the ball in defence and running around with it, holding the ball in the corner, and taking up all the allocated time for throw ins, free kicks and any other stoppages that run down the clock.
It is not considered time wasting if you're simply holding on to possession in midfield and forward areas.
1.2a Glitch quit rule
Teams are allowed to quit early (before the 10th minute) in the case of a glitch, such as the kit glitch, provided they have proof of the glitch occurring.
1.2b Player disconnection quit rule
Teams are allowed one early quit (before the 10th minute) per match in the case of a player disconnection.
1.2c Replaying an early disconnected game
If the opposition team scores during these 10 minutes, the score will be carried over to the replay match. A goal will stand if the opposition team has footage of the goal being scored (scoreline must reflect the goal being scored).
The full match must be replayed in the case of an early disconnection.
1.2d Mid match drop outs
If the match drops out, or an entire team disconnects during the match, the remainder of the match must be played out in a replay with the scores still intact, unless both teams agree to let the result stand. Please refer to section 1.3 below for more information on match replays.
1.3 Match Replays
1.3a Match replay length
The remaining minutes from the original match plus an additional 3 (to make up for extra time) will need to be played out in the case of a match replay. Both team captains are encouraged to capture footage of when the disconnection occured to confirm the exact amount of minutes that need to be played in the replay.
1.3b Goals scored during replay matches
A goal will only stand if it is scored before the clock ticks over to the final minute.
e.g. If the replay length is 53 minutes, any goals scored after the clock hits 53:00 will not count towards the scoreline. The scoreline in the top left corner of the screen must reflect the goal being scored before the clock hits 53:00 for it to be counted. In this scenario, if the scoreline shows the goal being scored at 52:59, the goal will stand.
1.3c Red cards in replay matches
If a player receives a red card, they must sit out of the replay match.
Match replay example scenario:
Team A are 2-0 up against Team B in the 50th minute, when Team B disconnects. They play another match to make up for the remaining 43 minutes. Team B scores in the 20th minute. They both back out of the game on the 43rd minute. Any goals scored after the clock hits 43:00 do not count. The result is a 2-1 win for Team A.
2.1 Roster Rules
- All members who participate must be registered on the website and listed on their team's roster. If a team is found to be using ineligible players in their matches, they will forfeit all matches the player was involved in.
- Players may not represent more than one team on a single platform unless both teams are affiliated.
- SUPER LEAGUE ONLY: Players may NOT be paid in any form (money or goods) to play for a team. Teams that infringe on this rule will face expulsion from the league.
- No players living outside of Oceania or Asia may participate, due to lag. A maximum of 2 Asian based players per roster is enforced in this competition.
- If a player cannot gain access to their PS or Xbox account, they may use an account that belongs to one of their teammates as long as they notify the opposition in advance.
2.2 Free Agents
AVPL Competitive Series: Free agents may be added at any time during the regular season via the "Manage Team" button on the league page.
AVPL Super Series: Free agents may only be added during a free agent window.
Players who have not participated in a game may be delisted by their manager by submitting a ticket.
AVPL Super Series: Players may only be delisted during a free agent or trade window. You may not delist a player if you have 15 players or less on your roster.
If a player on a roster is no longer able or willing to play for an extended amount of time and cannot be delisted due to having played a game, they may be put on the blacklist, which will remove them from their roster and deem them ineligible to join another roster for the rest of the season. Proof must be provided via a ticket. Each case will be dealt with on its own merits.
AVPL Super Series: Players may only be blacklisted during a free agent or trade window. You may not blacklist a player if you have 15 players or less on your roster.
2.5 Transfer Windows
See the "Transfers" tab for dates, information and rules.
2.6 Cross Division Play
- AVPL Teams may nominate an affiliated team from another division to share rosters.
- Players will be eligible to play for their affiliated team provided they are registered on both rosters.
- Should a player transfer to another team during the season, they will no longer be eligible to represent their original affiliated team.
3.1 Matchmaking Rules
- The home team (team on the left side of the match page) must host. In a two legged/best of 3 tie, the home team hosts first but must alternate each round.
- All matches are to be played as Friendlies.
- If the invite glitch occurs, the away team must attempt to invite. If that fails, the away team will need to create a new club to play in.
3.2 Late Rule
- Under any circumstances, if there is enough time to complete a match before the next scheduled round, and both teams have been communicating and are ready to play, the game MUST be played.
- If both teams have been actively communicating but do not have time to finish a match before the next scheduled round, the game must be rescheduled.
- If a team has barely communicated and there is not enough time to finish a match before the next scheduled round, the opposition team may choose to claim a forfeit or reschedule.
- While we will allow teams to submit claims for their opposition being late, we will do so only to keep track of repeat offenders. Those who are found to be consistently late may be penalised to the admins' discretion.
- Teams may reschedule provided that both teams agree. (we encourage 'fair play' in our community)
- The rescheduled game must be played within 7 days of the original game.
- In the scenario where a team is being unreasonably difficult in accommodating a reschedule when it is evident that they are able to reschedule, the admin team may step in. e.g. Refusing to reschedule to a slot in which both teams have BYEs.
- Admins must approve reschedules during finals.
- By choosing to play the majority of a match with the knowledge that your opposition has broken a rule, you are accepting the conditions the match is being played under and are no longer entitled to claim forfeit. The only exception would be for rules broken that are not immediately noticeable mid game, in which case we will accept proof for after the game has concluded.
- If you would like to claim a forfeit, you must do so by submitting a ticket on the match page. If your ticket is successful, an admin will process the 3-0 forfeit scoreline. Do not enter the scoreline yourself.
- Teams must make every effort to play all of their games even if they are out of finals running.
- Teams may be removed from the league if they either:
- Miss 7 games in total
- Miss two match nights consecutively
- If a team is removed from the league, all players on the roster may be subject to a ban from the next AVPL season following an inquiry by the admin team. The entire roster will also be banned for the season.
3.5 Match Results
3.5a Reporting Results & Stats
- Stats must be entered directly from the Player Performance screen. The stats required are shown here.
- Player statistics will require proof in the form of a 30 second video which displays the stats summary of every single player (for both teams) in the Player Performance screen. The home team is required to upload this proof, however we encourage both teams to record a video just in case.
- Faking results and stats may result in a punishment depending on the severity of the infringement. If you've made a mistake and are not able to correct it, submit a ticket and an admin will take a look.
- Defender cleansheets should only be recorded for players in the backline of a formation. e.g. In a 3-5-2, only the 3 centre backs would receive cleansheets. In a 5-3-2, the 3 centre backs and the 2 wing backs would receive cleansheets.
3.5b Player Disconnections & ANYs
- If a player disconnects in the first half and they have not scored a goal or assist, this must be noted by setting their position to "DNF".
- Goals and assists do not count when they're scored by a disconnected player. Only goals/assists scored before a disconnect can be counted.
- Cleansheets (DEF/GK) and GK saves do not count if a player has disconnected.
- A disconnected player cannot be awarded the stats earned by an ANY.
- The only stats that an ANY can record are those from their individual player.
- Goalkeeper and defender disconnections must be noted accurately due to cleansheet records. Any teams that are caught incorrectly inputting DNF's for goalkeepers and defenders will be at the risk of punishment.
4.1 Red card suspensions and appeals
4.1a Red card suspensions
NOTE: Red card suspensions do not apply for the PS4 AVPL Championship and EGN Cup.
A player who receives a red card is suspended for the first fixture of the next day. This is the case regardless of which game it occurred in.
- Player A gets sent off in the first of two games on a Wednesday night. He may play the second game, but will miss the first fixture on Sunday.
- Player A gets sent off in the second game on the Wednesday night. He will simply miss the next game, which is still the first fixture on the Sunday.
As well as this, any player who receives two red cards on the same night will be suspended for the next two games of the following AVPL night, and so on.
It is the responsibility of managers to record red cards using the “RC” column in the match report, or risk being penalised. Also, any evidence of players skipping suspensions will result in punishment for the player and/or club.
Red cards do not carry over from the regular season to the finals series, and there are no suspensions in finals.
4.1b Suspension appeals
If the referee’s decision is considered unfair by the team that received the red card, they may appeal the suspension by submitting a ticket and providing video proof of the incident. Only reasonable claims based on poor refereeing decisions can result in the suspension being revoked. Mistakes, or wrong intentions will not be considered.
We will no longer be overturning any red cards that were the result of 2 yellow cards. Only straight reds may be appealed.
Do not personally message admins to claim forfeits, dispute results or report mistakes. These issues must all be officially processed by submitting a ticket.
For the on pitch player minimum, it is your responsibility to check the amount of players the opposition team is fielding as early as possible:
- Xbox: You have until half time to check via the recent player list or individually in the player performance screen.
- PS4: You have the first 15 in game minutes to check, you can do this by pressing start and then square to bring up the player list.
A player must have played 25% of total games in a regular season to be eligible for a team badge. (title, runner up, premiers, etc.)
Finals matches count towards a player's total games tally.
e.g. If a total of 20 games was played in a regular season, the games required would be 5. A player may only play 4 games in a regular season and still be eligible as long as they played at least 1 fixture in finals, as that would take their total up to 5 games.