- Two back to back matches played on Sundays and Tuesdays.
- Matches scheduled at 9:30PM AEDT and 10:00PM AEDT.
- Top 8 teams qualify for the finals series.
- The AFL finals system will be used. (see image below)
- Fixtures are played over two legs. Winners are determined by aggregate score.
- If aggregate scores are tied after two legs, extra matches will be played to determine a winner.
- Free agents signed AFTER the transfer window must have played a minimum of 4 games to be eligible to play in the finals.