Can we rename ECL to Excessive Crossing League ?

How is everyone finding ECL so far? 

Obviously with this format we have more of an ability to tinker with gameplay related things to try and have the best competitive comp we can. 

Do people think headers are the most common way of scoring? With human pros the same size as AI defenders they really do stand little chance in the air with human jumping, and with the nature of the format there's almost always going to be space wide.

Have seen a lot of really good attacking play though, much better than 11 when teams do try to play something more akin to real football. 

Are any 'Anys' finding it tougher than Fifa 18 (if you played both).

I play Any for my ecl squad and its always the fullbacks that push up way to high leaving gaps in defense that always lead to a cross, its how we as a team concede our goals. tbh no one can really complain about crossing because everyone does cross at least 3-4 times a game. I do feel bad scoring shitty goals that come from the Anys bot not jumping in the air to intercept the cross or even making an effort. Idk thats just my opinion on crosses.

You control only half a team. So micromanage your defenders. As soon as you see fullbacks pushing up, change to them and bring them back. It's not rocket surgery.

well no shit thats what i do, its why im saying its a problem when they do push up and i've got a man running at me it leaves a gap

Then keep an eye on them and stop letting them run up. Ask your team to maintain possession for a few seconds so you can set up the defensive line? As the famous FIFA Pro Sarge once said: "Adapt. Or be adapted on."
Juls likes this.
Juls
Premium

Obviously with this format we have more of an ability to tinker with gameplay related things to try and have the best competitive comp we can. 

Do people think headers are the most common way of scoring? With human pros the same size as AI defenders they really do stand little chance in the air with human jumping, and with the nature of the format there's almost always going to be space wide.

Have seen a lot of really good attacking play though, much better than 11 when teams do try to play something more akin to real football. 

I play Any for my ecl squad and its always the fullbacks that push up way to high leaving gaps in defense that always lead to a cross, its how we as a team concede our goals. tbh no one can really complain about crossing because everyone does cross at least 3-4 times a game. I do feel bad scoring shitty goals that come from the Anys bot not jumping in the air to intercept the cross or even making an effort. Idk thats just my opinion on crosses.

You control only half a team. So micromanage your defenders. As soon as you see fullbacks pushing up, change to them and bring them back. It's not rocket surgery.

well no shit thats what i do, its why im saying its a problem when they do push up and i've got a man running at me it leaves a gap

Then keep an eye on them and stop letting them run up. Ask your team to maintain possession for a few seconds so you can set up the defensive line? As the famous FIFA Pro Sarge once said: "Adapt. Or be adapted on."

yeh i agree with u but when im defending they push up and i've already got a man on me to contain
This reply has been deleted.

yeh i agree with u but when im defending they push up and i've already got a man on me to contain

Get yourself some good cdms and you won’t have that problem.... @Seaneammon @Joseconection @TheTriv 
Hi Admin,

When does transfer period open for div2? 

Thanks.
DBT likes this.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
XBOX:

We will be pushing Xbox ECL finals back to next Tuesday rather than starting this Thursday. This is to allow teams more time to catch up on rescheduled matches.

Monday 25th will be the last night to get your games done.
Rashford, NZPure, Brycey and 7 others like this.
XBOX:

We will be pushing Xbox ECL finals back to next Tuesday rather than starting this Thursday. This is to allow teams more time to catch up on rescheduled matches.

To be fair these matches should have been done and dusted, we are fast approaching March with finals still to be done. We have only had 1 AVPL, the rate its is going - likely only going to fit in 2 AVPL this year. 
DBT likes this.
Chadinho
FIFA Clubs Admin
XBOX:

To be fair these matches should have been done and dusted, we are fast approaching March with finals still to be done. We have only had 1 AVPL, the rate its is going - likely only going to fit in 2 AVPL this year. 

Xbox ECL was scheduled to be finished before PS ECL anyway. This delay has very little effect on anything in the grand scheme of things. 

XBOX:

Xbox ECL was scheduled to be finished before PS ECL anyway. This delay has very little effect on anything in the grand scheme of things. 

I here what your saying, however still March very soon. Next comp draft. ECL should be a shorter format as  AVPL is the dominant comp
JackSavage4, Kosmic and DBT like this.
Reminder to all teams in div 2 ecl (PS4) There are 4 games tonight
Princeracket, Juls, CANK and 1 others like this.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
ECL Division 2 finals are up. Xbox finals will be up after tomorrow night.
Rashford likes this.

Says something went wrong when I try and click on any of the matches.
XXXBENDTACION likes this.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner

Says something went wrong when I try and click on any of the matches.

Fixed, thanks!
K_benfica_a likes this.
Gigi_Nesta
FIFA Clubs Admin
Coming to an end to the ECL regular season.

If you have catch up games please ensure they are all completed by Wednesday and preferably tonight. 
DBT likes this.
Gigi_Nesta
FIFA Clubs Admin

If you have catch up games please ensure they are all completed by Wednesday and preferably tonight. 

Catch up games?? I thought if a team couldn’t make it it was a 3-0 forfeit... why are there reschedules? 

Both managers must have agreed otherwise a ticket for a forfeit win would have been raised. 
Ulti likes this.
Dangerfield
AVPL Media

Catch up games?? I thought if a team couldn’t make it it was a 3-0 forfeit... why are there reschedules? 

We have one tonight because of seasons glitch, not sure about others.
Ulti and Gigi_Nesta like this.
Don’t mean to intervene but ahhh this annoying ass glitch where it shuffles players from their original positions is happening a Lot, can confirm it’s happened to me a few times when I’m the capitan but I don’t ever say nothin haha.. hopefully teams ain’t on the receiving end of the bs like the homie @Fletch3. #DEUCES 
I tried the glitch with my stupido keeper but it didn't work. 
Please log in or register an account to participate in this discussion.