SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
Hi all.

It's been a while since I've provided any sort of update on EGN. I thought I'd take this time to offer some transparency and let you guys know what's been happening.

First of all, if you hadn't noticed, the site has gone through a bit of a makeover (more noticeable if you're on a PC). I felt like the home page was too convoluted at times and our purple/white branding was lost with all the different colours.

You'll notice there's a whole lot more white than usual. If this is too much for you, you'll be glad to know that I plan on releasing a dark/night mode for EGN Premium members in the near future. (hehe)

To give you guys a bit of a history, I officially started work on EGN right at the start of 2017 (First photo ever taken of EGN on December 29, 2016). I started it completely from scratch after throwing out all the old AUSFIFA code that I wrote between 2013-2016. EGN launched in September 2017 but it was a shaky start.

The site was slow, many features were missing, and the servers couldn't handle the traffic (I'm sure you all remember the site crashing/slowing down to a halt during AVPL times). Along with this, I had several new communities ready to jump onto the site. I had to tweak/develop specific features for each of these communities, all while continuing development on the site and keeping our current AUSFIFA community happy.

Due to all this, late 2017 to mid 2018 was a very turbulent time. It wasn't until mid 2018 when we finally upgraded the servers and solved the site slowdown issues. At this time I had also developed the site backend to a reasonable enough level where we could start running more tournaments.

Mid-late 2018 was a time for experimentation. We ran several different types of comps across a bunch of different titles. We ran our first NBA 2K Pro AM leagues, NBA 2K Park tournaments, Fortnite weekly tournaments, our first COD tournament, our first RL tournament, and a FIFA H2H tournament. During these trials and tribulations I figured out what worked/didn't work, and what the site was missing.

All in all, I've learnt a lot about how other games/communities outside of FIFA operate in the past two years. I learnt that I couldn't just do the exact same thing I did with AUSFIFA and expect it to work for everything else. I also learnt that Pro Clubs was unique in a way, as it's one of the only games out there that NEEDS websites/communities like us to thrive, which is why AUSFIFA was so successful.

All of this has given me a better understanding of what's required for this website to really thrive as a multi game platform, and that is why 2019 will be a pivotal year for EGN.

Premium

First thing's first, EGN Premium will be launching within the next week or two. More information on this will come in a separate announcement. Unlike AUSFIFA where we treated Premium as donation button, EGN Premium will be treated as a service.

Tournaments, tournaments, and more tournaments

The focus over this next month or so is to have things in place for all our supported games. I want there to be something on every day of the week. Weekly tournaments have worked really well for us and I want to try and implement these for all our games. We will have a monthly schedule of EGN Premium tournaments as well as a weekly free tournament schedule.

Hubs

I will be resuming work on Hubs soon to aim for a Q1 2019 release. Hubs will not only change the way our current community uses EGN, it will also allow us to open our doors to communities and organizers who would like to run their own "mini EGN" using our technology.

Mobile App

This will be the year that I start work on an EGN mobile app.

---

There are more things that I plan on developing later on down the track, but I'll save those for another update. I'd like to focus on the aforementioned points for now.

If you guys have any feedback or suggestions about the new website design or any features you'd like to see implemented on EGN, feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
This reply has been deleted.
Will @ICYRX8 be an active admin of the revamped egn?
Walsh likes this.
Good stuff Kani and others involved. One question though.

Will we see a return of H2H tournaments in Fifa? Not UT, seasons with team rules and stuff, they were the times. UT comps are unfair unless you’ve put 5K into the game.

All good if it’s not in the plans. 
Juzz
Premium

hahhahah
beanbag likes this.

Will we see a return of H2H tournaments in Fifa? Not UT, seasons with team rules and stuff, they were the times. UT comps are unfair unless you’ve put 5K into the game.

H2H tournaments will always be the ones for fun with different requirements and FUT will be used for the higher end competitive tournaments, typically with money on the line.

And we will be naming the 2nd place badge after you, in honour of what you have achieved in the past.
LEWYau likes this.
ICYRX8
FIFA Clubs Admin

No.
Gump, beanbag, ozzymozzy and 3 others like this.
White makes the site look significantly cleaner then all the dark it once was. Big praise 

No.

Shit go
Juzz likes this.

Agreed. Would be great to have a H2H non FUT comp.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
Premium has been slightly delayed as we are waiting for our payments service provider to verify us.

However I've been getting lots of work done behind the scenes to prepare for a rollout of 6-7 weekly comps. Stay tuned!
White makes the site look significantly cleaner then all the dark it once was. Big praise 

Racism in its most subtle form

Racism in its most subtle form

Oh fuck
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
I really do love it when a payment service provider takes 26 days to tell me that cash tournaments are "restricted" by their service. :) :) :)
Chadinho, Trini, MP_ and 10 others like this.
Bogan
Premium
I really do love it when a payment service provider takes 26 days to tell me that cash tournaments are "restricted" by their service. :) :) :)

Can you just tell them the prizes are “ vouchers”? just like when places can’t sell you grog but they can sell you a “ voucher “ you can then exchange for said grog. 
Simo likes this.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner

Can you just tell them the prizes are “ vouchers”? just like when places can’t sell you grog but they can sell you a “ voucher “ you can then exchange for said grog. 

It's all good, I'm just going with another payment service provider.
Bogan likes this.

I remember this being the way when going to quiz nights for charity events haha.  
SamKani likes this.
This reply has been deleted.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
Lots of work done this month! Added a bunch of features to the comp creator to prepare for regular comps:

• Group tier feature. You can assign each team a tier and evenly distribute them into groups. We already do this for most of our comps, however it can now be done on EGN rather than using an external website.
  • Bracket seeding feature. Manually set/randomize seeds and then generate a bracket based on those seeds.
  • Group progression feature that automatically grabs top teams (you can specify the amount of teams / positions) from each group and seeds them into brackets based on parameters you specify (win percentage, goals per game etc.). Will make running two stage tournaments a sinch. e.g. Grab the top two teams from each group, 8 teams qualify in total. Then assign seeds to those 8 teams based on win percentage and goals per game.
  • Double elimination support. We can now run double elimination brackets.

I did all this around 1-2 weeks ago. I was getting so much work done but got sidetracked by Apex this past week lol.

Now the final step: Currently working on a competition scheduler that will auto create weekly and monthly tournaments on EGN. This means the admins will no longer be responsible for creating the weekly tournaments, they'll only need to run them. Once that's in, we're ready to fire on all cylinders.

I'll also be working on getting the payments system up and running this week so we can launch Premium.
Meberle, DeadlySarr, Juls and 21 others like this.
SamKani
EGN Creator & Owner
Comp scheduler DONE.

Standby for a bunch of tournament announcements.
DeadlySarr, Meberle, Ulti and 2 others like this.
Please log in or register an account to participate in this discussion.