jtigerman
EGN Head Admin
Has anyone played the beta yet? If anyone has it it would be good to get a 4 man crew happening tonight. Me and @Gump will be on. Beta is only a small portion of what the game is going to be but it is a tonne of fun. And the water graphics and the way the ship sails around is some of the most realistic stuff i've seen in a game ever (so realistic that some people have actually complained of getting 'sea sickness' while playing it). Beta runs for 2 more days and release is on the 30th March. It's an Xbox exclusive. Won't be coming to PS4.

Simo and Gump like this.
Turk_Movement
Rocket League Admin
Has anyone played the beta yet? If anyone has it it would be good to get a 4 man crew happening tonight. Me and @Gump will be on. Beta is only a small portion of what the game is going to be but it is a tonne of fun. And the water graphics and the way the ship sails around is some of the most realistic stuff i've seen in a game ever (so realistic that some people have actually complained of getting 'sea sickness' while playing it). Beta runs for 2 more days and release is on the 30th March. It's an Xbox exclusive. Won't be coming to PS4.

Is the beta on windows 10 aswell??
jtigerman
EGN Head Admin

Is the beta on windows 10 aswell??

Yep sure is. It is also cross platform between the 2 so everyone is mixed in together.

To get access to the Beta though you need to pre-order the game and the beta only runs until 7pm AEST Wednesday evening.
Simo likes this.
@Simo would be all over this as it his dream to be on a ship with 4 other men in the middle of the ocean. 
Kosmic, Simo, Gump and 4 others like this.
@Simo have you downloaded the beta?
Combat is retarded also game feels really repetitive and would get boring after a week. The sailing and quests are cool but the game needs way more stuff in it. 
Strazza likes this.
jtigerman
EGN Head Admin
Combat is retarded also game feels really repetitive and would get boring after a week. The sailing and quests are cool but the game needs way more stuff in it. 

The final game has heaps more in it. The beta is a very small part of what the final game involves. I read somewhere that it isn't even 20% of the content. Final game has different companies you can work for, lots of different types of quests so it's not always just digging for a chest, boss skeletons where you need to get their skull for a reward, it has animals to collect for companies, a kraken (excited for this), a lot more in the way of upgrades and whatnots, public challenges/events. They are some of the things they've confirmed.

I agree about the combat though. Hopefully they work on that a little bit. Also it would be good if when you kill a crew they didn't spawn a minute later back on their ship. Makes it hard to get their ship looted and get away before they come back. Can be a little bit tiresome fighting the same crew 4 times straight. They should be easy fixes though.
I have a terrible confession, I have not pre ordered the game.  Due to not knowing how much I'd be online for the beta.  So no i do not have th beta.  @Mortician you missed the bit where i put you in my cannon and shoot you out.

best thread on egn  Sea of thieves, cannot wait til March 20th.

#GameOfTheYear2018SeaOfThieves
Mortician likes this.
jtigerman
EGN Head Admin
you missed the bit where i put you in my cannon and shoot you out.

This is definitely one of the highlights. Also apparently pirates can't hold their liquor too well. 2 drinks in and i was throwing up all over Gump and stumbling around like crazy.

Mortician and Simo like this.
@Simo would be all over this as it his dream to be on a ship with 4 other men in the middle of the ocean. 

Missed opportunity. Needed more Seamen
Mortician, Simo, BARMYARMY and 2 others like this.

Missed opportunity. Needed more Seamen

Nothing like shooting seamen out of your cannon.
Okay this thread needs to make its way back to the top.  It is now only a week away.  Grab your troops.  Man the sails, scrub the deck, drink some ale and find the burried treasure ARGH.

The time we have waited for is now.  Ditch everything and get on that ship and explore the 7 seas like no one has before you.

The time is now
Okay this thread needs to make its way back to the top.  It is now only a week away.  Grab your troops.  Man the sails, scrub the deck, drink some ale and find the burried treasure ARGH.

The time we have waited for is now.  Ditch everything and get on that ship and explore the 7 seas like no one has before you.

The time is now

Sometimes I question how you're not into dudes. 

The time is now

Surely this is bullying or sexual harrassment.
Valour and Mortician like this.

The time is now

Definitely Sexual Harassment, secretly I am hoping you are! <3

Valour likes this.

The time is now

Being Tasmanian we would have to be related for that to happen sorry.
Mortician, darko, Valour and 5 others like this.

The time is now

Being Tasmanian we would have to be related for that to happen sorry.

Mortician and Simo like this.
Ahoy mateys The day is finally upon us.  

Avast ye, All hands hoay.  Let's hornswaggle to get the booty.

Alright enough of the pirate talk we will save that for later.  But finally game of the year is here, drop what your doing and lets set sail.

Hopefully the fifa ps4 final wont ruin to many of my plans to shoot some scallywags.

I'll see you all at sea  YO HO HO.
Valour, beanbag and Mortician like this.
Ahoy mateys The day is finally upon us.  

Avast ye, All hands hoay.  Let's hornswaggle to get the booty.

Alright enough of the pirate talk we will save that for later.  But finally game of the year is here, drop what your doing and lets set sail.

Hopefully the fifa ps4 final wont ruin to many of my plans to shoot some scallywags.

I'll see you all at sea  YO HO HO.

Valour and beanbag like this.
I might have to shovel the dust off my xbox one just to play this game, would you guys recommend paying for the full game or just getting the xbox game pass ?
Please log in or register an account to participate in this discussion.